Purpose: The purpose of this scholarship program is to encourage students in Needville High School, private school or home-school, to maintain high levels of performance in the Youth Fair, 4-H, FFA, FCCLA, other youth organizations, and in their High School academic work.
Eligibility: To be eligible for a scholarship a student must:
- Be a student in good standing at Needville High School, private school or home school equivalent.
- Have been an active member of the 4-H, FFA or FCCLA each of the 4-years in High School, 2-years being in the Needville School District.
- Attend an institution of higher education after graduating from Needville High School.
- Applicant is required to attend the Needville Youth Fair “Awards Program” on Saturday evening during the Youth Fair.
- Recipient must submit a written “thank you note” to the group sponsoring the scholarship within 2-weeks of the Youth Fair.
Amount: Six (6) Youth Fair, one (1) Paul Wenzel Memorial Scholarship, one (1) L. H. “Pete” Wieghat Memorial Scholarship, one (1) Clarence and Ora Lee Lamensky Memorial Scholarship and one (1) Jim Smith Memorial Scholarship may be awarded annually in the amount of $1,000.00. Scholarships will be distributed in one (1) lump sum, upon paid receipt of enrollment in an institution of higher learning. If paid receipt is unavailable, proof of full-time enrollment schedule dated after the official university academic calendar drop-date, will be acceptable. Scholarship must be utilized within 1-year upon graduation of high school.
Selection: The selection of the scholarship recipients will be primarily based on the following criteria:
- Youth Fair activities and accomplishments.
- Leadership in the 4-H, FFA and FCCLA.
- Leadership in organizations other than 4-H, FFA and FCCLA.
- High school “Academic Record”.
Deadline: Must be postmarked no later than March 27, 2017 (NO EXCEPTIONS). Application may not be hand-delivered.
Mail to: Needville Youth Fair, Corp.
Attn: Mrs. Lil Sacra (Scholarship Chairman)
8611 Brinkmeyer Road
Needville, TX 77461